Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Swagger Wagon

So how are you?  I mean... really?  It’s been what... close to a year?  I know I know... I suck at life for not keeping a better blog. There is really no excuse either...  I'm on the computer more than 50% of the time because of work... so I mean why couldn't I just spend a few minutes updating my blog?.... I guess... I don't often find reasons enough to blog about.  And who reads this anyways ha!  I read my friends’ blogs and they are always entertaining and often times enlightened me... Mine... Not so much haha!  

So what’s new you ask? Well since a lot of people feel so deprived by me not being on facebook (because I gave it up for lent) I often hear "I miss seeing your kids on Facebook" or.. "I feel like I haven't seen you in forever because you’re never on facebook"... I often think. Wow that’s sad... We are only close because of facebook... Oh how the times have changed where people only know what’s going on with people through facebook.  Whatever happened to the days where you called up a friend and said "hey haven't seen you in a long time... let’s do lunch?!"  I guess now it would be more like "Hey, I saw on facebook that you were bored... wanna do lunch?"  geesh... lol

  
Well by the title of this post I can now officially say I'm a van driving mom!  haha.. Yep... that’s me...  Last week Mark and I traded the Dodge Journey for a Chrysler Town and Country 2007.  It has everything: DVD, Navigation, leather seats and a SUNROOF!! I've always wanted a sunroof...  you truly know your getting old when you get excited to have a van. haha...  We only have two kids and we have a van... let the finger pointing begin...  But I love it! I love the extra room we have, I love the way it drives... I really really like it!  Don't miss the SUV at all!  I am truly 100% a mom... now I just need to be like the other cool moms and put stickers up on my windshield of stick figures to represent the family.

Last weekend we went to the AGR founder’s day... We had a really great time catching up with old friends.  On the way home Mark said, "Timmy was telling me how he got the Honda Odyssey." It took me everything to not bust out laughing... I just giggled and told him... "Oh how conversations have changed between you and a fraternity brother huh?  Talking about girls to talking about your recent van purchase."  haha... Life truly does fly by...  And all you can do is hold on and enjoy the ride!

On other fun notes, Madyson is growing like a weed and talking a mile a minute!  She is so funny.  I often just crack up at her.  Her mannerisms are just too funny!  Her facial expressions I often think, where did you learn that from? Her eyes have too much personality.  She LOVES her little brother.  It’s very sweet to watch.  If you try to sit her down next to him just to get a picture of them together, she will ALWAYS lean over and kiss his head, and HOLD it so I can catch it on camera.  To cute!  She kisses him ALL The time!  


As you can see she loves being outside and is not a girly girl at all (notice the mud on her forehead), which I think is common for her age.  The downfall for her age... Tantrums! Ugh... she's not even 2 yet and she has got some terrible 2 tantrums already... Yippee... (Note my sarcasm)  Unfortunately she does have my temper.  Poor girl. She will smack a table when she's mad or even walk up to a wall and hit her head several times!  *sigh* She used to do it on the floor but I thought it was accidental... However now I know better... Please pray she doesn't one day create brain damage... 


Matthew is growing like a weed! He will be turning 5 months the beginning of next week.  It’s hard to believe.  I can officially say that Matthew and I are finally friends.  That sounds bad but seriously… Matthew and I argued a lot.  Last week was a difficult week because of reasons that will not be disclosed…  But in the long run I decided to start weaning Matthew from breast feeding.  I have some in storage so he’ll be drinking breast milk for a while, but pumping at work is never fun.  


Anywho, Matthew fought sleep… which meant Matthew and I fought…  He is a very happy baby, but at night time he would cry and cry and cry unless he was nursing so I felt like I would be nursing for HOURS…  It was very tiresome and this meant that Matthew would not let Mark put him to sleep, which meant Mark fought with Matthew as well for the nights that I wasn’t home.  Mark would often tell me “You can never leave this house again.” Ha! We were so blessed with Madyson.  A) Because she is a thumb sucker and soothes herself and B) loves her sleep.  Matthew is not a thumb sucker (which I totally wish he was because I am a huge fan of a thumb sucker).  He really isn’t much a pacifier lover either, and he definitely didn’t self soothe.  Which meant we fought!  But lately, I’m not sure if it’s because I am starting to wean him, or the fact that he’s about to turn 5 months old… or he knew I had a rough week last week, but Matthew and I haven’t fought in a while!  Praise Jesus!  I often find myself now thanking God for a wonderful, beautiful baby boy, instead of praying for some patience and help to get him to go to sleep.  Needless to say, it is a beautiful change.  Lately I have been able to feed him, burp him, and then lay him in his crib on his side (don’t tell the doctor :D) with a binkie and he will go to sleep on his own.  It has been a nice change of pace for Matthew and me. 

Mark hasn’t caught on to the trick yet, but as of now I don’t mind!  I enjoy our personal time together and the fact that I can put him to sleep in under an hour or so is such a blessing.  Trust me, a few weeks ago, putting him to bed seemed like it took hours!!!!  Mark and I had no personal time together and by the time I did get Matthew to sleep, I was exhausted and just wanted to go to sleep too.  The house was a wreck and I was exhausted!  Oh the joys of being a Mother….

Matthew is growing up so fast.  He LOVES his jumper that hangs in the doorway.  Madyson enjoyed it when she was little but she didn’t jump much.  Matthew is a jumping fool!  It’s so funny to watch him laugh and jump and be a kid!  Madyson will go by him and give him toys, kiss his head, and then take her toys back.  HA! Soon they will be fighting for toys… I’m sure it’ll be here before I know it and I’ll want to pull my hair out about that!  But I can say that I’m so excited to see the moment when Matthew is running around with Madyson playing together.  I am so blessed to have two wonderful children and a loving husband!  I am so blessed that my children are going to be so close because of their closeness in age.  I am just blessed!  God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the new van! That's so exciting. Your blog reminded me of mine that hasn't been updated in about 3 years. HaHa. Just can't think of what to write about.

    ReplyDelete